preacherman

Saturday, August 04, 2007

I've Been Tagged By Terry Laudett

The rules are you tell eight interesting things about yourself and tag eight other people and have them share eight things about themselves.

1. I have had GBS twice in my life once when I was five and again this past year. The first time I had it I almost died. This time they had medical treatment for the disease. It is very rare for a person to get diagnosed twice in life.

2. When I was a junior in high school, I almost died of carbon monoxide poisoning. It was a cold night and the heater in our house broke. It was a Saturday night. If we had not been Christians and not woke up to go to Church on Sunday, the fire department said just a another hour or so and we all would have been dead.

3. I grew up in Abilene and went to graduated from Lubbock Christian University. I really enjoyed living in Lubbock. We lived in an apartment right across from Day Break Coffee Co. & you could open the windows and smell the beans roasting.

4. Next to God, family, ministry, I love coffee. I am what you call, "a coffee conisueor".

5. The latest book I read was last night. It was "Green Eggs & Ham" by Dr. Suess. The boys love that book.

6. As I sip on a cup of coffee, I cherish each day that God gives me. The time that I have with family, making it the best experience with them that I possibly can. Relaxing. Taking one day at a time. Teaching my children the things I want them to learn and making my wife understand how much I love and appreciate her. The time I have with the Church, in sermon preparation, I cherish every passage. I mediate pray and think how it might apply to the lives of those in whom I am teaching and preaching. In Blogging, I try to getting others to think about their faith and letting others know just how much God wants to have that relationship with them. Everyday is a gift.

7. My favorite book is the Bible. My favorite book in the Bible is 1 John. My favorite person in the Bible is Enoch.

8. I would like to see books written by and speakers at lectureships like: Trey Morgan, Matt Dabbs, Darin Hamm, Wade Tannehill, Josh, Alan, and others. I think from your blogs you have alot of great thoughts that could be great books and lectures.

I tag: Darin Hamm, Wade Tannehill, Josh, Alan, Laymond, Don Neyland, and whoever else wants to be tagged who reads my blog. I in school never really liked the game tag because I was so slow but this is kind of different.

What do you think?
Share your thoughts.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are special!

3:40 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Thanks Nancy.
You too.

4:41 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:45 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Terry Laudett's blog if you would like to check it out is:
www.adisciplesthoughts.blogspot.com

4:52 PM  
Blogger jel said...

so ya like coffe, have ya ever drunk foglifter or Fogchaser

it is a weekend coffee, 3 cups of this and your up for day! :)

7:55 PM  
Blogger Terry Laudett said...

Thanks for playing along.

9:16 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Jel,
I never have tried foglifter. It sounds like I might like it. :-)

9:34 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Terry,
You bet. It is interesting to learn more about people.

9:35 PM  
Blogger TREY MORGAN said...

Enjoyed learning new things about you. I'd love to sit down with you and chat over a good cup of coffee.

Blessings

11:19 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Trey,
That sounds like a great idea. We will have to get together sometime. Maybe in Abilene sometime. I'll e-mail you the details.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

Hi preacherman,

Thanks for the kind comment. I hope one day to write a book but it may not happen before I retire. Pray that I get that chance!

10:47 PM  
Blogger jel said...

be rereading your anwers,

and glad to hear that God spared your life, cause you are a blessing to all ,that met you!

5:43 AM  
Blogger Liz Moore said...

God obviously had great plans for you life. Thanks for sharing. Blessings!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Liz Moore said...

that should have been "your" life! Ha Ha!! I thought I had proofread!

12:23 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Alan,
That sounds great. I can't wait!

Jel,
Thanks for the encouragement.

Liz,
I also believe God has great plans for my life. And yes what should have "been" my life. I thank him everyday for giving me a new opportunity to serve Him and make a difference for His Kingdom.

Matthew,
Your blog looks great and can tell God has great plans for you as well and if you like. Your, tagged!

7:59 PM  
Blogger The Preacher's Household: said...

Very interesting facts.
I lived in the Abode in 1992, is that the one you lived in and what year? It was owned by the pediatrician that I grew up going to named Dr. Ellis. He went to church at Broadway.

Kathy

11:26 AM  
Blogger preacherman said...

Yes we lived in the Abode in 1996. Apt. 1A. the one on the corner.

7:32 PM  
Blogger preacherman said...

I think that is so cool.

7:35 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

insanity workout, north face jackets, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, ugg boots, p90x, birkin bag, longchamp, ferragamo shoes, rolex watches, herve leger, hollister, canada goose, babyliss pro, ugg australia, canada goose, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, ghd, soccer shoes, ugg, nfl jerseys, nike roshe run, north face outlet, valentino shoes, mont blanc, celine handbags, nike huarache, new balance shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, canada goose, mcm handbags, beats by dre, bottega veneta, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, canada goose uk, mac cosmetics, ugg pas cher, vans shoes, jimmy choo outlet, instyler, uggs outlet, asics running shoes, lululemon outlet, abercrombie and fitch

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home